Sunday 15 January 2012

Praying mantis

Well I've mad the decision to switch my position to the praying mantis hand position. I've done the following

1 - initial aero tests on Dolan tt bike that showed a 9.6% reduction in cDa

2 - intervals done on the Dolan tt bike in position. 12x 360-380w for 1 min. It looks like I can still hold power

3 - made some mock up aero bars for my cervelo p3 out of copper to do simple aero testing. Watch this space!

4 - as I can't get the pads close enough on the cervelo I've found someone to make a bracket for me . Again watch this space!

Next steps
1 - ensure I have my current tt position
2 - adjust the cervelo so that it will stay in a suitable gear for aero testing or that I can easily remove the shifters

3- wait for a decent day to test

Need to get this going ASAP!!

No comments: