Tuesday 2 September 2008

Garmin 705 and PowerTap Pro

Well after smashing up my Garmin 305 when in Scotland earlier this month I bought the new 705, happy with the functional improvements, had one dodgy activity saved so far so its not bug free even with the new 2.4 firmware, hopefully wont be a race one in the future but race season pretty much over!

Also rented a PowerTap Pro that should arrive Thursday, 8.50GBP a calender week for the wheel , computer etc, and an extra bike mount.

Just renting the base system so far to see how I get on with it, and also the versions above wont talk directly to my 705 until Cycleops release a firmware update to there PowerTap SL 2.4 (End of Septermber or early October)

Need to get my bikes insured as thats a system worth £700

Reading 'Racing and Training with a Power Meter' currently, lots of terms to take it.

First thing i need to do really is a FTP test, but expect my first ride will be a gentle local ride Friday evening to make sure everything is worthing, then a long slow ride Satuday.

Can't wait to get my head all around this, downloading the WKO+ software trial to have a go

No comments: