Saturday 6 September 2008

PowerTap first impressions


PowerTap first impressions

Compared to my 705 or even the 305 the display that comes with the PowerTap Pro is awful, i was actually shocked at how basic it was but then I have not used anything but a Garmin 305/705 for biking, never used a cate eye even though one came with my TT bike.

Fitting was simple, putting wiring up my bike was anoying though as never had to do that before all being wireless, expect the Power Tap SL 2.4 is much better than that.

Merging the data into SportTracks went okay, but my GPS read over the distance i expected by .4 miles, first time ever its done that, and i think the PowerTap was accurate compared to this..

Have had a piece of software recomended for merging different data:

http://www.topofusion.com

Will have to try it later, trying to decide today if its a long ride i do, or a FTP test...

No comments: