Monday 27 October 2008

MAP Test and Training

Realised I've wasted a good 6 weeks structured training deciding what I wanted to do then waiting for a training plan from a coach (my fault for waiting so long)

My next race is in 8-9 weeks lol!

Picked up a TACX iMagic second hand to use as an ergo, think it will help a lot (and more fun when having to train indoors)

Anyway did a MAP test friday, ram was awful, didn't enjoy it... Anyway peak 1 min from the end was 341 watts, was disapointed, couldnt get my HR up presuming because my cadence was low, around 90 (well lower than my hardest TT)

Did another today, kept average cadence of 100, and low and behold, peak 1 min at the end was 341 watts, dam it! so exactly the same. Well good to see I didn't completely mess it up friday as I thought I had.

One thing though, my HR was about 10bpm higher for the test Monday (today) with the higher cadence.

Maybe I had falsley assumed this was helping (PM so far is 25:38 on an undulating course, 101 rpm, 195bpm average, no power data)

No comments: